Thursday, December 10, 2009

Straight from Hayden’s mouth: ‘I’m not dead’

Straight from Hayden’s mouth: ‘I’m not dead’
By Rondo Docille/ ronald docallos
December 10, 2009, 1:59pm

Hayden Kho himself has refuted rumors that he was hospitalized recently for trying to commit suicide by ingesting drugs.

"Initially, ang akala ko gastric ulcer kasi I was vomitting blood. But it turned out to be intestinal flu...I’m okay," he said in an exclusive interview aired on “Showbiz News Ngayon” on Dec. 9.

The controversial ex-doctor refused to elaborate even when pressed to talk about the symptoms of the ailment that landed him recently in Manila Doctors Hospital.

"It's a flu...a virus. Ang sa akin lang, ang importante nakalabas na ako (ng hospital) and recovering."

Diffusing suicide rumors, Hayden declared, "I'm not dead, I did not try to kill myself."

On reports that he was found bruised and vomiting when “rescued” by concerned citizens in Silang, Cavite, last Dec. 3, Hayden said, “I don't know kung sino ang nakita nila na duguan.”

He then took off his jacket to expose his unscathed arms.

"Hindi naman siguro,” he said. “Sugat-sugat 'yong face ko supposedly [but] I don't have any, I'm not heavily scarred. I think I look fine."

Reiterating his earlier claim that he didn't know the place where he was supposedly rescued, Hayden said, "Ako, hindi ko alam kung ano 'yong place na sinasabi nila. Saan ba 'yong sinasabi nila kasi iba-iba 'yong naririnig kong sinasabi nila. Hindi ko alam kung saan 'yong sinasabi nilang nakita nila ako at kung sino ang nagsabi."

Hayden admitted he avoided granting interviews when the latest suicide rumor surfaced.

"As much as possible, I've been trying to avoid the media. I've been trying to live a normal life.And then ngayon, something happens to me, biglang pagpipiyestahan na naman.

“Iba-ibang klaseng stories...nag-drugs na naman daw...may 9, may 27, may 30, may 50..and then may pinyahan, may Tagaytay..." said he, alluding to a tab report that he took nine Ecstacy pills.

Hayden is frustrated over the revocation of his medical license.

"Ano lang...I want to go back to medicine especially neuro-psychiatry. I want to go to reasearch because I want to contribute a lot to it. I feel my heart is into it. But the problem is, now that they've revoked my license, of course, parang it's a frustration, it's not possible anymore."

Atty. Lorna Kapunan, head of Hayden's legal counsel, said that their client may still get his license back---unless other doctors with similar cases get disqualified as well.

"A regulatory body [rule] should apply to all [and] not only to Hayden Kho...simply because they feel pressured to tailor-fit a decision to satisfy the media lust of certain politicians. A rule for one must be a rule for all," said she.

Kapunan did not give names but she promised to reveal everything in due time.

Hayden mused about how he deals with his problems.

"My problem kasi, whenever I have problems, hindi mo makita sa face [ko] kasi I always smile. Eh, ngayon nga, pinagagalitan ako nina....kasi whenever I say something, kahit malungkot ang sinasabi ko, nakangiti pa rin ako.

“Problem is, pag nagsabay-sabay na lahat ng problema---nagsabay-sabay na lahat ng stress and then the appropriate triggers---I go into depression."

He divulged that he is undergoing psychotherapy and taking medication for the condition.

Hayden showed off his left arm which was tattoed with the name “Victoria” written in bold and specialized letters. When read upside-down, the name Victoria becomes Hayden. Victoria is the real name of Vicky Belo.

How is her relationship with Dr. Vicky Belo?

"We're friends. I think she's already dating somebody. We're okay. We have moved on.”

Has he done the same? Moved on...dating?

"Secret na lang. Akin na lang 'yon!"

* Login or register to post comments
* PrintPrint
* EmailEmail

Recommended articles

* Mike Defensor: ‘Herbert Bautista has done nothing for QC’
* Cholo and Jodi’s fateful romance ends Friday
* Rep. Plaza: Increase film piracy penalty to P1.5 M!
* Armand TJ: From Boracay to the world
* Piolo and KC: Real lovers in Paris?
* Jinkee Pacquiao: ‘The storm has passed’
* Lawyer denies Hayden attempted suicide
* David Archuleta sings from the heart in Christmas album
* Local bands ‘Rock the Riles’ for a cause
* The Grammy frenzy
* La Diva stuns concertgoers, gets standing ovation
* Did Marian embarrass a fan in Japan?
* All Hayden wants for Christmas
* German Moreno insists on giving Francis M. a ‘Star’
* Vicki Belo sad over Hayden Kho’s revoked license
* Mariel Rodriguez has a stalker?
* Beyoncé, Taylor Swift lead Grammy nominations
* Garcia shines as FEU trips Ateneo
* Trouble brewing in boxing
* Rivero eyes SEA Games redemption
* Abu Sayyaf behead hostage
* From pocket to stage, music in the key of iPhone
* 161 gunmen identified
* RP, Muslim rebels hope for peace deal in months
* House leader rules out Cha-cha in joint session
* Noli backs proposed early voting in Maguindanao
* Lawyers, politicians question declaration of martial law
* CHR hits ‘culture of impunity’
* RP paints with high lead content
* Ombudsman launches campaign against corruption
* Unseating Padaca part of plot vs opposition, solon says

No comments:

Post a Comment